Notice on COVID-19/Coronavirus

In light of the unprecedented events of the past few weeks, VanDyk Mortgage has taken extraordinary steps to help ensure the physical safety and well-being of our employees, customers and vendors. We remain committed to minimizing the spread of COVID-19 and lessening the financial impact on our customers. VanDyk Mortgage is here to serve your needs. While you may experience longer wait times, rest assured that we are available to help you with your mortgage needs. Servicing customer are encouraged to visit and selecting “Make a Payment” to manage their accounts. Customers with loans in process may utilize their online portal located at the loan originators website to submit documentation. New customers may apply at

Current VanDyk Mortgage customers who have not set up an online account should, please contact our customer service teams at 888-4VANDYK (888-482-6395) or With an online account, VanDyk Customers will be able to:

• Access your account 24/7
• Update your personal details
• Make monthly mortgage payments
• Set up automatic payments
• And much more

As USPS and other parcel carriers experience delays, payments by mail could take longer to arrive. We ask that customers help avoid these complications by making payments HERE. For customers who are unable to access their account online for any reason, we will waive any charges for payments made over the phone during this time.

While, again, response times may be increased, VanDyk is working diligently to process, approve and close all loans. As Federal, State and local guidance increases, certain key functions may be impacted, but VanDyk and our vendor partners are doing everything we can to facilitate the closing of loans.

Customers whose ability to make a mortgage payment has been directly impacted by COVID-19 should call 888-4VANDYK (888-482-6395) or email For more information on COVID-19 please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website (

The New York Executive Order No. 202.9 and Emergency Regulation 3 NYCRR Part 119 allows individuals who reside in New York to apply for forbearance for up to 90 days for any payment due on a residential mortgage for a property located in New York. The forbearance will be available to borrowers who demonstrate financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, including loss of employment and inadequate reserves to make the mortgage payment. The forbearance under Part 119 is not available for FHA loans, VA loans and other loans sold to Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and other specified instrumentalities or government sponsored entities. Any payments missed due to the forbearance will need to be repaid. To learn how to apply, you may contact us at 888-482-6395 or or contact your current servicer.

If you do not qualify for forbearance under Part 119 or other state guidelines, make all payment(s) to your originating lender and, upon notification that the mortgage loan has been transferred to your mortgage servicer, contact your mortgage servicer for possible forbearance.

Forbearance for FHA loans, VA loans and other loans sold to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
There are also forbearance options available for FHA loans, VA loans and other loans sold to Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and other government sponsored entities for borrowers who have experienced hardship resulting from COVID-19. Please contact us or your current servicer regarding these options, how to apply, and eligibility requirements.

Payment Assistance

Having Trouble Making Your Payments?

VanDyk Mortgage Corporation is proud to offer assistance to borrowers who are experiencing hardships that impact their ability to maintain their mortgage obligations. There are alternatives to foreclosure, but you must take action immediately and CALL US TODAY. Call 888-482-6395, Option 4 to speak with a Loss Mitigation Specialist/Loan Counselor who can discuss your situation with you and may be able to help you avoid foreclosure.

Depending on your individual circumstances, you may be eligible for one of various repayment solutions, such as:

  • Forbearance: A forbearance is a temporary postponement of your regularly scheduled mortgage payments. It can be a partial forbearance, in which you are still required to make a reduced monthly payment, or a full forbearance, where the entire payment is put on hold. A forbearance is most helpful in providing temporary relief for sudden, unexpected hardships that are expected to be resolved in less than a year. A common example would be a natural disaster, in which the property requires repairs and there may be a delay in receiving insurance proceeds.

  • Repayment Plan: A repayment plan allows a borrower who has fallen behind in their obligations to make an increased payment for a designated amount of time, with the extra amount going towards the missed payments until the loan is completely current. Repayment plans do not provide payment relief, but do provide a way to help delinquent borrowers become current without having to fully reinstate the loan in one lump sum payment. A repayment plan may be appropriate, for example, if you can normally afford your mortgage payment, were unable to pay for a short period of time due to an unforeseen circumstance, and cannot afford to pay all of the missed payments at once in order to bring the loan current immediately, but can afford a slightly higher monthly payment each month.

  • Modification: A loan modification brings your account up to date immediately by adding past due interest and escrow payments to the unpaid principal balance and re-amortizing your payments over a new term, and results in a permanent change to one or more of the terms in your mortgage agreement. In order to be considered for a loan modification, you must be able to document a qualifying hardship that has or will impair your ability to maintain the original terms of your contract over a long-term or permanent basis. You must also be able to document your ability to afford the new modified payment. A loan modification may result in a temporary or permanent change of interest rate, an extension of your loan term, and/or an increase in the principal balance of your loan to account for any missed payments and arrearages. Certain government-backed loans may also be eligible for a principal forbearance.

  • Short Sale: A short sale allows a borrower to sell their property even if the proceeds from the sale will not fully satisfy the mortgage debt. In order to pursue a short sale, you must list your property with a qualified real estate agent and receive an offer from an unrelated third party. You may be required to make a cash contribution or sign a promissory note for all or some portion of the mortgage debt in order for the sale to be approved.

  • Deed-in-Lieu of Foreclosure: A deed-in-lieu of foreclosure is a last resort option in which you voluntarily sign over the deed to the property. In order to be considered for a deed-in-lieu, you must first pursue a short sale by listing the property for sale at market value with a realtor for an extended period of time.


To determine your eligibility for any of these options, we may ask you to complete a personal financial statement and to provide documentation such as your two most recent bank statements and payroll stubs, your most recent income tax return, and your expectations for future income. We may also require access to your property to determine its current value. You may wish to contact a credit counseling agency to assist you. The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) can provide you with the name and address of the local HUD approved counseling agency by calling their toll-free hotline at 800-569-4287.

Keep in mind that any decision to offer a Work Out Option is made on a case by case basis; the decision is dependent on the information you provide us and such an offer is not guaranteed. It is, however, important that you call us as soon as possible. Any existing foreclosure action will not be stopped unless a work out option is agreed to and finalized by all parties; all fees and charges incurred must be paid but may be included in the work out option.

Washington: If your property is located in Washington, you may contact the Department of Financial Institutions, the Washington State Bar Association, or the statewide civil legal aid hotline for possible assistance or referrals at 1-877-894-HOME (4663).